Friday, August 9, 2013

Five for Friday and Saturday Snapshots!

Where is the time going? I feel like it was only yesterday that I was packing up to leave the chilly Portland spring for the blissfully hot Hawaii summer I had in store. But here I am, less than 2 weeks away from returning to Portland for my last year of college. 

I repeat, where is the time going?! And why is it in such a rush?




Yay for linky parties!!! I really enjoy these linky parties because in the hustle and bustle of the week's activities, I forget to slow down and enjoy all that has been going on! These give me the opportunity (as sad as that may sound) to take a step back and be like, "oh yeah! That totally happened and it was really fun!" So without further ado...

ONE



I made my 17 year old, vegetable-intollerant brother eat broccoli. Approximately 2 cups of broccoli. How? By making broccoli cheese patties and a "cajun ketchup" to dip them in. Cheating? Perhaps. Did it work? He asked for more...



I also made a statement necklace! Yay crafts (and pink)!!

TWO

To celebrate the waning days of summer, KDog and I drove out to Keiki's beach on the North Shore, dove for shells, swam a bit in the chilly and crystal-clear water, and of course stopped for shave ice from Matsumoto's on the way home. The perfect summer day, in my book.

THREE

Look at me and my first legal drink! Yippee! My 21st birthday was on Tuesday, and I celebrated with my family with a nice beach morning and kayak with my brother, dinner at the Top of Waikiki restaurant, and a show in Waikiki just as the sun set over the westside of Oahu. 



I will definitely miss these Hawaiian sunsets in a few weeks.

FOUR

The incredibly kayak adventure began at Kailua beach, and ended at Flat Island, a bird sanctuary not too far out to sea. It was nice sibling bonding time with my brother, who has been paddling for the Waikiki Surf Club and for sport during the school year for the past few years. Needless to say he was far more skilled than I, but we had some good laughs, mostly him laughing at my wimpy upper body strength.  

On Flat Island, with the Mokulua in the background!
 

FIVE

Today, my brother starts his first last day of high school at Kamehameha as an amazing Senior. Although he's pretty twerpy at times, he means the world to me and I cannot imagine my life without him. He puts up with me, shares music with me, and makes me feel not so old and irrelevant. I love him to death, and I can't wait to see what life has in store for him.


11 days left in the beautiful Aloha State. Then it's back to school, teaching, and not getting enough sleep.

Senior year, I'm ready for you.

xo,
post signature

8 comments :

  1. Hello! I've just found your blog through the linky and started following along- your holiday looks AMAZING! When I first read you were headed to the North Shore I thought, funny I live on the North Shore (in New Zealand)... I wonder where she is... then you mentioned Waikiki and Oahu... both which are very close to Waiheke and Omahu (two places in New Zealand) and I was like WHAT?! She's in New Zealand... then I saw you were in Hawaii haha!

    Enjoy the rest of your break!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Serena! My family traveled to New Zealand last year and absolutely LOVED it. Some aspects of the Hawaiian culture and the New Zealand culture are very similar, like our place names haha.

      Hope you're enjoying your summer! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh. That water is so beautiful! Happy (late) birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those broccoli cheese patties look yummy! I'd probably eat a dozen...like cookies! All of your pictures are breathtakingly gorgeous!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really good, and super easy to make! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Love all of the pictures of HI. Amazing sights. Happy 21st birthday to you. That statement necklace is lovely.
    Thanks for linking up.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I love linking up with you on Saturdays! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...