Friday, July 12, 2013

It's Aloha Friday!

YIPPEE! I can't believe that next week is the last week of summer school, but I am beyond ready for a few weeks of rest, relaxation, beach time, and crafting before heading back up to school!

Here to celebrate the semi-overcast but ever-so LOVELY Aloha Friday, is The First Grade Parade's Favorite Pins Friday linky! I just found out about this through Stephanie over at 3rd Grade Thoughts, and since I am an extremely enthusiastic pinner, I figured that this is the perfect linky for me! All of the images are clickable and will take you to the original posts!


Teaching


I love being able to snatch ideas from professional teachers in the hopes that I will be able to use them one day in my own classroom, and I really liked this word ending foldable from I Love 2 Teach! I think foldables are so nifty and they seem to be all the rage with kids!


Who is a fan of acrostic poems? *waves hand in the air frantically* ME!!! Besides this very cool first day of school activity from Tales Of Teaching in Heels, I also created a community building/anti-bullying lesson that also involves acrostic poetry for my Classroom Management course this past year. Yippee, poetry!  


Also, who doesn't love ecards, especially when they're about teaching. 

Fashion

I love this outfit so much. The simplicity of the skirt and the top, paired with a chunky necklace? Perfection. 


Speaking of perfection and my obsession with polka dots, I'm lusting after these Anthropologie flats! What I'm not lusting over, however, is the price. Merp.

DIY

So technically this isn't a DIY, but I want to make a tutorial soon! After looking at this Tory Burch necklace (and fainting at the price tag), I figured that I could make a version of this with minimal struggle. That being said, I am the QUEEN of struggle, so we'll see. DIY coming (hopefully) soon!


I've been seeing the chalboard and banner craze sweep the internet, and I really want to hop on the train, but for a smaller fee. The banner is made out of chalk cloth (HOW COOL IS THAT?!) and hopefully I can complete this craftventure before the end of summer!

Beauty

I absolutely LOVE these makeup brushes. I'm beyond obsessed with polka dots and gold right now, and I can never seem to have enough brushes! Speaking of brushes...

This brush guide definitely came in handy at the beginning of the summer when I had to purchase all new brushes (I don't want to talk about it...) and I wanted to spend a little more time and money to make sure that the quality was better than the ones that I previously owned. I found myself wandering aimlessly in Sephora trying to figure out what brushes I needed (do you have any idea how many types of eyeshadow brushes there are?!), but this brush guide ended my struggles, thankfully.

Health

I'm on an intense quest to get fit and healthy. There are so many motivational/inspirational posts out there to help me whenever I feel a little down about my level of fitness. I started the Couch to 5K program with KDog earlier this week, and so far so good! Now to get my eating in check...xo,post signature

6 comments :

  1. Are those make-up brushes available at Target? Because I'm positive I was just holding the foundation brush in my hand. I think it was from Up & Up. I've been looking for a flathead foundation brush...I've been watching Jacklyn Hill make-up tutorials on YouTube.
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Target is my weakness! Now I have to go hunt for them :P I know MAC makes a really good flathead foundation brush, but for an even better price (who can beat $1?) ELF Cosmetics has very good quality brushes. Here's the link to the flathead brush if you wanted to check it out! I have their studio line stipple brush and it's awesome.

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog and love EVERYTHING about it! I just graduated from college a year and a half ago so I can easily relate :) Best of luck! I'm your newest follower.

    Lauren
    The Sweetest Thing
    Follow me on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! Your blog is adorable :) I love your wedding photos from Saturday Snapshots!

      Delete
  3. Amazing post! I, too, zoned in on the makeup brushes because I'm officially on the market for a new set. I've been using several elf brushes and they are amazing, especially for the price! Some are better than others though. What brushes did you end up buying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't get enough of ELF products, especially because of the price tag! As far as brushes go, I have the studio stipple brush, the studio small angled brush, and the studio angled contour brush. The stipple brush and the contour brush are my favorites!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...