Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday (where is the time going) Snapshots

This week totally flew by. With actual wings. Honest. 
Flew. At jet speeds, quicker than I could blink my eyes, this week, this summer, and all it's marvelous (sometimes difficult) wonder flew with it. Sad face.

Oh, and I have exactly one month until I go back to school. Why.


I'm linking up with Miss Nelson once again for her fabulous Saturday Snapshots!




I am a glutton for Greek food...or ethnic foods in general. I found a small, family-owned Greek restaurant in a less-crowded area of town, and I can't get enough of it! The lamb and fish souvlaki's are amazing. 



This is what happens when students steal your phone...I probably had about 30 pictures of my teaching partner and I in various frozen poses of speaking, not to mention a few videos of my phone being passed from student to student. Note the completely unattractive shade of yellow that our summer uniform shirts were...gross. Oh, how I will miss my summer school students. 



Our morning TA group for 7/8 Movie Makers! We're quite the attractive bunch, if I do say so myself. We decided to get all dressed up on the last day (yesterday) for the Academy Awards, during which we showed the best movies from each group, and presented them with little trophies! It was so cute, and the kids loved seeing which movies won which awards.



Hammin' it up for the cameras, as per usual. I can't believe how quickly these past five weeks flew by. I'll definitely miss the students and my TA/teaching partners.



Of course, the last day of school ALWAYS calls for an ice cream party! All of the kumus quietly rushed our students through lunch and whisked them away to our classroom atrium, where we had set up an ice cream bar for them. They were so surprised and may have drifted off into a sugar coma for the rest of the afternoon (oops). They worked hard this summer, so we thought the definitely deserved the treat.



My two Hawaiian Immersion School students! I love them to pieces. At Hawaiian Immersion, they learn all of their subjects in the Hawaiian language, so their English skills are not up to par. We worked a lot this summer on strengthening their writing skills since their reading and comprehension skills are already amazing.  Since I can speak Hawaiian pretty well (but not as well as these two!!), we would converse daily in the Hawaiian language, and their fluency blew me away. I will miss them and our conversations dearly, and I can't wait to see how they blossom into the scholars I know they will become. 



Since yesterday was the final day of the PUEO Program, we had a culminating ceremony during which some of the scholars from each P-level would present a few things they learned during the summer. The program runs from grades 6-12 (P level 1-7), and each grade level has a variety of classes they take during the summer. For P2, the P-level I was teaching, their morning classes were Movie Makers and Marine Biology, and their afternoon classes were Math and English.  Our four P2 student speakers were very nervous the day of the ceremony, but they delivered their speeches without any problems at all. I was so proud of them, and I can't wait for the day when I can watch them graduate as P7 scholars. All of the tears!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday! 

xo,
post signature

6 comments :

  1. Great pictures. That little restaurant sounds amazing and looks yummy.
    Happy graduation to the classes of PUEO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ambition and blog. I have nominated you for the Liebster award. Visit my blog for the details. It seems as if July is the shortest month of the year;)

    Monica
    rolandipads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! I'll be sure to stop by your blog! :)

      Delete
  3. That yellow...oh my. :)

    Looks like you had such a wonderful time teaching this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your summer school sounds very interesting. It definitely looks like a fun group to work with.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Greek food looks amazing. I am still on the search for a good Greek place near our new house. I look forward to following your blog and seeing your experiences as a student teacher in Hawaii.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...