Saturday, July 6, 2013

Take a Deep Breath

Smell that? It's summer, which is halfway over for me. Sad faces all around. I realized that in my flurry of summer shenanigans, I barely got to take some *me* time. I'm teaching seventh grade English (The Giver ROCKS) for summer school (under the direction and guidance of a professional teacher, since I'm not licensed yet), but the planning and prep is exhausting! Not to mention time consuming. But I think this is a good look into what life is going to be like, especially for my senior year of college where I will be student teaching full time in addition to attending night classes and dance team practices as one of the 3 captains of the team. Phew! Can do.



This sunny Saturday, I'm taking a break from the hustle and bustle (not for long, I'm off to pick up my better half and go to Clay Cafe in Ward Warehouse to paint some pottery!) to link up for weekend #2 with Miss Nelson and her AWESOME new blog hop Saturday Snapshots. I L O V E to take pictures, and this is the perfect way to capture some of the memories that would otherwise be forgotten. Participating in this linky is just one of the steps in my attempt to slow down, take a deeeeeeep breath, and appreciate all of the beauty and life around me instead of just rushing through my days. Here we go!


When I'm home on vacations, my family likes to have family dinners. It's awesome, we eat way too much, someone usually gets minorly injured, and I get to play with my favorite niece and nephew! It's awesome. I love my family to the moon and beyond, and our QT together became increasingly important after my papa (grandpa) passed away. Something about the impermanence of life bringing family closer together.

My adorable nana
My crazy, fearless brother
Jumping from the terrace into the pool, with a broom, to look like Harry Potter for his FB profile pic...
So much Korean food!!! 

On Wednesday, my family and I checked into the Waikiki Marriott to get a little staycation lovin' and watch the 4th of July fireworks at Magic Island. It was such a nice break, and being able to spend all day at the beach and pool was the perfect remedy to the summer school stress.
The view from our 24th floor suite!
Hammin' it up for the camera is a specialty of mine, haha!
Waikiki at night
Two of my favorite shots from that night (above and below). I wish I had brought a tripod! Boo, shaky pics.
The finale!



Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday! Head on over to Miss Nelson's Saturday Snapshots to link up!

xo,
post signature

9 comments :

  1. Loved your pictures! Sounds like you are having a great summer.Wish my stay cation was in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics. I'm with Miss Nelson, a staycation in Hawaii would be so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love a stay cation in Hawaii :) Your picture of Waikiki at night was beautiful!

    I'm a new follower. :)

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are impressive! I would love to visit Hawaii someday. I nominated you for the Liebster award. Keep up the good work with your blog! Visit my blog for details!
    KinderCakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nomination!! And you should definitely visit :)

      Delete
  5. I love the pictures of Hawaii! Just seeing them made me feel a little better! :) Your family looks so happy - and the food--- YUM! I am your newest follower! I'd love you to stop over to my blog if you get a chance.
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...