Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Made It! Who Likes Pink?!

I start out each summer with soooo many DIY projects and crafts that I want to tackle. And then I look at my calendar and it's August and I go back to school in a few weeks.

Uhm, what?


So, just in time for Monday Made It, I put my foot down, put on my productive pants (I only have one pair, and they often get lost), and sat down in front of the TV to watch Shark Week and make myself a statement necklace that I've been meaning to since the beginning of summer. Oops.  Thanks to this awesome DIY tutorial from A Beautiful Mess, this craftivity took me under half an hour. Yay!







You will need...
8-12 pieces of parachute cord (ABM's tutorial said to make each piece 8 inches long, but I wanted the statement piece to be a little longer. I went with 10 inches.)
Fabric tape
A necklace chain
Clasps to close the necklace
Pliers
Scissors




Start by cutting the parachute cord pieces to the desired length. 
Lay out the pieces next to each other and tape them down to a flat surface.
Split the pieces into 3 sections, and braid the sections (like the above picture). Be careful to keep the parachute cord as flat and not twisted as you braid. 
Tape the ends of each side together with fabric tape.
Attach a necklace chain to each side of the parachute cord. You will need to attach the necklace clasp in the middle of the chain, also. 
Wrap more tape around the parachute cord and necklace chain to form a cone at each end.


Voila! Wear and be stylish. Happy Monday! Good luck to all of you returning to school!


xo,
post signature

3 comments :

  1. I love that necklace! Thanks for sharing the tutorial! I am a shark week lover as well:))) I am also your new follower! Check out my new blog at teachingwithmrsbro.blogspot.com

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love hot pink and a great statement necklace. Thanks for sharing the directions... I might need to work my magic on one of these before school starts back :)

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Maybe I need to do some of the crafts I pinned on my boards!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...