Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summer, Storms, and Snoozing

Some of you may have noticed my absence from blogging in the past week (or two...woops). I promise I'm not through with my shenanigans quite yet, I just feel like I've had absolutely nothing to write about since summer school ended (sob) and I don't want to bore you all with short and meaningless posts. I'll give a quick recap of the past few weeks:

Summer is quickly wrapping up, and now that it is officially August, I'm officially freaking out. There are 5 days until I turn 21 (party party party!) and 20 days until I go back to school for senior year! I'm beyond excited to return to student teaching, but I'm not at all ready to get out of summer mode and into school mode. Nope nope nope, not yet. BUT, I know that with school will come more blogging, and I like blogging. So many contradictions... 


Our first summer storm "hit" the islands on Monday night. Tropical Storm Flossie gained way too much hype for it's oh-so-intimidating name, and brought a little bit of rain and wind. Very minor, and absolutely no reason to worry, despite the frenzy that everyone seemed to experience (is it really necessary to buy that much water for light showers and minor gusts?).


I've been sleeping. A lot. Which is nice because I know that in 20 days I'll go back into perpetual zombie mode. Sleeping, going to the beach with friends, and more sleeping. I'm really not ready for summer to end, can you tell? 


Live up these last few days of summer! I know I will :)


xo,

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...