Thursday, August 29, 2013

Senior Year, Already?



I'm back!!! I mean, I've been back for a while, but this is actually the first opportunity I've had to breathe since I've been back, hence the shocking lack of blogging going on. Apologies, apologies. I'm a terrible, busy person. Three for Thursday, let's go!


ONE


School started extremely abruptly and without any warning on Monday, with a 4-hour student teaching orientation. Fun? Not really. Informative? It was like having a high-rise worth of steel beams (also known as information) thrown at you rapid fire and you're expected to catch them all and balance each beam perfectly WITHOUT EVER DROPPING ONE I feel like I'm going to cry a lot this year. We have a hefty work sample due (20 lessons, each with a pre and post assessment, as well as 3-4 pages of reflection per lesson), on top of daily lesson plans, and the regular homework we get for class. It'll be fine. One day at a time.


TWO


The school at which I'm student teaching this year has 2 weeks of inservice (yippee!!!!) so I've been helping out my supervising teacher and doing a bunch of pre-inservice work around the school with my fellow student teachers, who are also my friends from school. Yesterday's enormous project was to clean out and organize the dreaded art closet, and man, it really was a 4-person job. We cleaned the closet for about an hour and a half, and it went from looking like people just threw supplies in there, to actually having an organizational system! We were so proud that we took a picture of our final product.



THREE

Dance team tryouts are next weekend! I'm beyond pumped, and my co-captains and I have been furiously working all summer in preparation for tryouts. I choreographed a hip hop routine to "That Power" by Will.I.Am., and I'm working on a pom routine for "Applause" by Lady Gaga. I'm OB-SESSED with her new song, and it's really catchy. It really is going to be a whirlwind year, but I'm excited. Nervous, anxious, and overwhelmed, for sure, but all in all, I'm excited. It's going to be great.

Senior year, here I go!


xo,
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...