Friday, November 14, 2014

Thankful for Fridays

Its that time of the week, people! Friday could not be coming at a better time. With these weird 4-day weeks we've been having (last week Tuesday was Election Day, this week Tuesday was Veterans Day) I can never remember what day of the week it is, and Wednesday and Thursday have been getting in my way of celebrating the weekend! Here's my Five for Friday, linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!

Let me just say how excited I am that my baby brother is coming home from his first semester in college in exactly 39 days!! We're 4 years apart in age, so when I left for college, he was just a freshman in high school. Now that I'm home from college, he left! We're the best of friends, so it was hard not being there for him while he was going through high school, but I'm so proud of him for all that he's done so far in college. I can't wait for him to be home!


Over the weekend, KDog and I went to the first major craft fair of the season (hooray!!!) and then had a nice lunch date at one of our favorite casual spots, The Counter. We always get their burger salads and the dill pickle chips. If you live on Oahu, or are even visiting for a bit, I definitely recommend stopping by The Counter at Kahala Mall!


I'm obsessed with nail polish. I think my collection comes in at around 90+ bottles or so…I haven't counted recently. I admit I have a problem, but an even bigger problem I had was trying to figure out how to nicely store my polish so that I could easily see all of the colors and choose which one I wanted to wear! I went to Ross by my house and picked up a shoe organizer that hangs on the back of a door, and voila! Clear pockets perfect for me to see through, and a pretty cute design as well (apologies for the terrible lighting, I only have one working bulb on my ceiling light when there should be 4 working bulbs…)


If you haven't been tuning in to my blog lately, I've been putting up my ABCs of Thanksgiving, created by yours truly, to get into the theme of giving Thanks during this month! What I'm trying to do even more, however, is remind myself that there are many things in life to be thankful for, and that I need to take the time to appreciate what I have. Today's letters are I and J. Here's a link to my ABCs of Thanksgiving file if you want copies of the blank letter templates for your own blog, classroom, or other personal use!


Those sales I mentioned in my ABCs of Thanksgiving for the letter I? Here's a few of the awesome threads I picked out from Nordstrom and LOFT, which will be arriving shortly! Yesterday's blogpost has the link to all of the tops pictured, as well as the code for the LOFT sale! Happy shopping!


Have a wonderful weekend! Don't forget to be thankful!
post signature

7 comments :

  1. Your nail polish storage solution is genius! I am so going to use that trick! I really like your ABC's and will be checking back tomorrow to see K and L! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a super fast and inexpensive trick too! I saw other ideas like spice racks, other wooden racks, or buying those acrylic polish racks like in the salons, but they're so expensive! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That burger salad looks YUMMY...oh, and I love the nail polish idea, too. I can just see hubby now..."If you need to buy an organizer for all of your nail polish (I store them in a basket), then you have TOO MANY..."...lol!

    Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to store them in a basket too! But they were so hard to see and I totally forgot about some of the colors I had, so I bought new ones (oops). Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I love your nail polish storage!!! I keep mine in a bag from Thirty-One, but your idea is so great because you can easily see all of the colors!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. A burger salad sounds like my kind of lunch. We we finally make it to Oahu we will have to give them a try. We have been to the big Island of Hawaii and Maui and are dying to go back. One of these days. Great thinking on the nail polish organizer!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...