Sunday, November 2, 2014

November Already?


I cannot believe that it is already November! October, although it was 5 weeks long, felt like the shortest month of my life…the first week was fall break, then we had a full week of regular school, then the last two weeks were half days because of parent teacher conferences! Linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for this month's currently…

Listening to the carpet cleaners, cleaning every room in the house.  Since we got little miss La'i (our 1 year old chihuahua fox terrier), our carpets have been noticeably dirtier.  Thanks to a pretty cool Groupon, we decided to get all of the carpets in our house cleaned! Yay!

Loving that November is another short month! These next two weeks are 4-day weeks thanks to Election Day and Veterans Day, then we have a full week of un-interrupted school, and the last week of the month is a 3-day week thanks to Thanksgiving! I'm already dreaming of turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing, gravy, pumpkin pie… 

Thinking that there are only 52 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!! And 7 weeks until my brother comes home from his first semester of college! I'm so excited.

Wanting a day between Sunday and Monday. These weekends seem to go by faster and faster…

Needing to get started on Christmas shopping! Time to be on the lookout for those holiday sales!

Reading grad school books up the wazzoo! In my Five for Friday post, I referenced one of the books I'm reading, called The Courage to Teach by Parker Palmer.  It's only $16 on the Kindle store, and even if you don't have a Kindle, you can download the Kindle app in the Mac/iPod/iPhone/iPad app store for free! It's a really great read, if you have some free time!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Happy November!
post signature

5 comments :

  1. Ha! I also said I needed one more day to my weekend. I need a weekend from my weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing that teaching can be as exhausting as it is? Or maybe that we try to fill our weekends up with more than we have hours for! Not sure which one it is, but I know there are many weekends when I just want.....one.more.day! Love teaching, but glad for some rebound time!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. 52 days...oh my. Now I am feeling pressured to get going on my Christmas shopping...lol. I totally agree that a day between Sunday and Monday would be perfect. Great post. Have a fantastic week!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book looks interesting! I would love to hear how you are liking it :)

    Kendra
    This Little Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  5. So..I def. attempted to start Christmas shopping...and that was a total fail! I need to get on that too! The pressure is on for Christmas now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...