Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Liebster Award (2.0)

I'm so flattered to be nominated by Paige over at Paiges of Learning for this blogger "award" for newbie bloggers who show great potential. Paige has the cutest blog (and blog design…share your knowledge with me!!!), and I cannot wait to read more about all of her adventures! After being nominated, I have to answer these 11 questions, then nominate another 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to do the same!



1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I started blogging in May 2013 (yikes) to start what I think all of us try to achieve through blogging: personal self-discovery, a running record of my daily happenings, making connections with others, and talking about the things we love the most! I was transitioning into the summer before my senior year of college, starting off on two amazing student teaching placements, and beginning my career of teaching, so I wanted to keep a blog where I could connect with other teachers and keep doing what I love to do - write!
2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Authentic. I think people can tell pretty quickly when someone is blogging to their readers, instead of showing their authentic selves and thoughts, so I like to be very authentically me on my blog, if that makes sense. I've found that genuine authenticity is what people appreciate the most about me, so I wanted that to come across to my audience, however small they may be.
3. Is there something you learned late in your blogging journey that you wish you had known before?
Well, since I wasn't a dutiful blogger at first (bad, Pili), I still consider myself to be in my early blogging journey.  However, I will say that I try to include more images in my posts. Humans are very visual creatures!
4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
I love to dance, go to the beach or go hiking with my dog and friends just as much as I love curling up with a good read or a movie and having a *very* lazy day in.  It really depends on my mood, but I'm always in the mood for ice cream, Pinterest, and Buzzfeed reading! 
At the top of the Grand Canyon this summer!
5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
Currently, between teaching and grad school, I try to blog at least once or twice a week. Hopefully I'll get better at blogging more often!
6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
Relatable posts! I love reading about people's thoughts, professionally and personally, and about the crazy things that happen during the day.  I also love great tip articles and the occasional TPT freebie that can help out my kiddos.
7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
How can I pick just one?! I'm so inspired by all of the blogs I read, for different reasons. I love reading about the lives of others across the country from me, I love reading about the hilarious things that their students say and do, I love the creative resources shared through blogging, and the amazing tips/tricks/advice given so freely. Not to be corny, but I love being a part of this enormous blogging family. My blogging inspiration comes from all of you!
8. Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
Definitely my first post. Not because it is of any extraordinary writing caliber or because it contains great ideas, but because it marked a definitive change in my life. I lost a few great friends in my senior year of college because our paths turned out to not really mesh well anymore, and we became different people, drifted apart. Pre-blogging Pili would have probably changed who she was and went back to doing things "the old way," which definitely would not have gotten me to where I am today. Blogging, although I was blogging to an audience of 2 back then, gave me confidence and a space to communicate with other people, draw strength from their strength, and push through to be a better person than I was back then.  I'm really proud of my first blog post because it put me on a path to change myself and change my life.
9. Is there any post you've been planning to do but have been postponing?
Hmmm…I've made so many resources for my reading intervention class in this first quarter of school that I really want to learn how to make into TPT resources, so I guess I'm planning to get around to that eventually! They would all be freebies probably, because I don't think they're as great as some other resources out there, but I'm all about sharing knowledge and ideas!
10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I love connecting with other bloggers, honestly, especially if they're across the country! Living on an island can make you feel so isolated at times, so I love being able to talk to other bloggers and leave comments on their posts! 
11. Which recipe, project, or idea from my blog would you like to try yourself?
Paige, I LOVE that you designed your entire blog by yourself. I've been meaning to get around to doing the same, but have absolutely no idea where to start. If you have any advice or tips, help a sister out! But honestly, your blog design is inspiring and I hope to try something like that soon!

Now for my nominations…

Julia from rising #GIRLBOSS
Hannah from Cute in the Classroom
Kristin from One Stop Teacher Shop
Leanna from A Little of Lili
Sara from Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms
Laura from Luv My Kinders
Janelle from The Dog Days of Math
Natalie from Teaching 4th with Mrs. Bro!
Rachel from Seniorita Creativa
Monica from Roland with iPads
Erin from Shenanigans in 6th-Math

Now that you've been nominated here are the official "rules" for accepting:
1. In your post link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out".
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers each.  Provide them with 11 questions or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know they've been nominated and provide them with a link back to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so s/he can learn more about you as well.  (You can just put your post link in the comments below).

post signature

4 comments :

  1. Yay for Hawaii bloggers and going out of state for college! Thank you so much for nominating me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pili! Here's the link to my post (finally!)

      http://lilismilee.blogspot.com/2015/01/liebster-award-20.html

      Thanks again girl! Hope you had an awesome TWO OUT OF THREE WEEKS OFF! :)

      Delete
  2. Awe thanks so much for the nomination Pili! yay for spreading the word about smaller blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for the nomination. I am totally honored. I enjoyed getting to know a little more about you as well. Here is the link to my post. http://luvmykinders.blogspot.com/2014/11/liebster-award.html

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...