Sunday, December 6, 2015

Blogmas Day 6 | Peeps vs Fitness

Back in this post, I briefly discussed how I was testing out 5 different wearable fitness trackers from the amazing Lumoid folks to see which one would best fit my lifestyle. I had done my research beforehand and narrowed down my choices to these guys.

After 2 weeks with the trackers here are my final thoughts...
1) Fitbit Charge HR - Very user-friendly, most accurately counted my steps (logged 100 counted steps as 102 steps). I loved the watch-like band and never felt that it was going to fall off at all. Water resistant, but not waterproof, this tracker is probably one you shouldn't shower with.

2) Jawbone UP3 - I love that this tracker basically looks like a bracelet. The only downsides are that there isn't any screen to tell you how many steps you've taken or what your heartrate is (here's to checking your phone even MORE than you already do) and current Jawbone technology only allows you to record your resting heartrate, when you're not doing any physical activity.

3-5) Moto 360 Gen 1, Striiv Fusion, Garmin Vivosmart - As soon as I opened the box from Lumoid, I instantly knew that I would not be choosing any of these 3 contenders. The Moto 360 is a lot larger than I anticipated, and it felt very cumbersome to wear. The Striiv Fusion and Garmin Vivosmart were thin enough to wear, but I was always worried that they would get snagged on something and ripped off of my wrist during the day due to their lack of secure closure.

Top 2: Jawbone UP3 and Fitbit Charge HR. I'm deciding to go with the UP3 because I'm a diva and like to wear my own watch instead of having one built-in to my tracker. I know that means more things on my wrist, but I'm a big #armcandy supporter. Here's to closing 2015 with health on my mind, and starting off 2016 on the path to a better me!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...