Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Blogmas Day 9 | Pantone's 2016 Hues

Here in Peepsland, we consider the Pantone color announcement to be the official start of the new year. For 2016, Pantone has selected Serenity, a light blue, and Rose Quartz, a pale dusty pink hue as the colors of the year. Two colors? Seriously, Pantone?! However, after much hemming and hawing, I've decided that I really like Pantone's decision to choose two colors, especially these two. Maybe it was The New York Times' article on Pantone's "political color choices" that won me over, but this girl is all for social equality, whether that be in the form of equal rights for men and women, or starting on a smaller scale and choosing the two most stereotypical gender-specific colors to be the dominating color influencers of an entire calendar year.
To help you all get in the mood to take on these color choices, I've pulled together some of my favorite inspirations from fashion, home interior, and style websites around the web. Although I'm definitely pulling more towards Rose Quartz for my favorite of the two, I really like how seamlessly these two colors can be paired together to make a peaceful color combination. Let me know what y'all think!

xoxo,
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...