Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Addictions

I have addictions. I mean, let's be honest, all of us have that one (or those few, many, whatever...) things that we would not like to live without. Yes? Yes. Admitting that you have a problem is the first step, so I've heard.

So I'm admitting it--I gave in to two addictions today: Ross and nail polish.

Now don't roll your eyes at me, I'm a very efficient and smart shopper! Or at least I try to be, but then there are those shoes! That dress! THAT BAG! 

You see where I'm going with this. Let's begin:



At $8, this dress is going to be perfect for the beginning and ends of the school year when the weather is especially warm.  It hits right at the knee and the neckline is high enough that the girls aren't showing, which is extremely important for this D-cup doll. Paired with a thin brown belt at the waist, a cardi, and the super cute camel and metallic-toed flats (pictured below), I think I have an outfit ready to go!

Cue aforementioned camel and metallic-toed flats


Alright, maybe I broke one of my Ross rules on this one. These babies were $17, but I think they're worth it--the material seems pretty water resistant which is key for the lovely Oregon weather, and they're rather comfortable for flats. I really have my eye on some Tory Burch Revas, but who isn't. Wishes are good to have. I'm excited to put these to the test; a day of standing, squatting, walking, running, and God knows what other kinds of activities in all different weathers can be really hard on shoes.

BEFORE ANYONE ATTACKS ME FOR THIS SACK...I have a plan. I'll admit I experienced an array of emotions when picking up this dress--on the rack, the green/teal color and lace immediately caught my eye. That's another addiction of mine: lace. Off the rack, I was skeptical about the neckline. On me, I loved EVERYTHING...except for the lack of shape. Honestly, look at it. It really is a sack. BUT! The thin brown belt that I'm gonna pair with the first dress will go perfectly with this dress. At $20, this dress caused me to break a Ross rule, but then again it didn't. Check out my rules if you really want to understand, but just trust me that this dress is worth it.

See what I said about being addicted to lace? This $8 skirt zips up in the back and closes with a button at the top, which made me feel much safer (zippers fall, so I always look for another type of closure). It's stretchy enough to allow for the various squatting and sitting positions that I often find myself doing during the school day, and hits at a modest knee length but without that old lady/granny feeling that some skirts have. Feel me? I know you do.

For a post about addictions, I've really hit a few on the head, but I promise I'm almost done. This $9 white tank is a nice addition to my growing collection of tops. White makes me feel cooler, and fabrics that can breathe are a must. The small stud detailing at the collar isn't too visible in this picture, but it's enough to offset the plain white shirt while not being too obnoxious or gaudy.  

Last but not least, welcome to the tip of the iceberg, folks. My nail polish collection, with the addition of this fabulous creature, is now at 70 polishes (1 base, 1 top, 50 colors, 4 deco pens, and 14 glitters) from brands like OPI for Sephora, ELF Cosmetics, Essie, Revlon, Covergirl, OPI, and Milani, just to name a few. I know. You don't have to say anything. A week ago or so, I went with my mom and grandma to get our nails done for Mother's Day (something here is not like the other...) and I got this amazing fuchsia polish from OPI on my toes. I didn't bother to get the name of the polish so I've been on a hunt to get something similar while my pedicure is still in tact and I came across Essie's $8 polish called Bachelorette Bash, pictured above.  It's the perfect summer color and cheers me up every time I look at my toes peeking out of my sandals, wedges, heels, or from between grains of sand (my personal favorite).

What are some of your addictions?   


xo,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...