Tuesday, May 21, 2013

EXCITEMENT!!

I'M USING ALL CAPS I'M EXCITED CAN YOU TELL?!?!?!

I'm excited because our student teaching assignments for next year have been emailed out! I'm in a 3rd grade class for 13 weeks (late Aug-early Dec) and a Kindergarten class for 18 weeks (early Dec-late April). I've never been with a grade higher than 2nd, except for random dance classes I've helped with where the students are 6-12 grade students, so this will be a new experience for me! But I'M SO EXCITED!!! On the other hand, I'm sad that this will mark my last year of college, but I'm ready. I'm so ready. Let me out there, I want to spread my wings and fly. Sometimes into a tree, oftentimes the wrong direction, but the point is that I will try my hardest, and I will grow in the process.  Holding myself to a standard of grace, not perfection. I must remember this.


Tomorrow is the first day of orientation for my summer job at a private school, mentoring local public school students who are in grades 6-12 and in the C-B+ academic range.  The point of this program is to gear these kids up for high school and get them to look at college as a positive experience that they want for their future. The grade level is a little out of my normal range (I've been assigned to 7th grade), but like I said: I'm excited and I'm ready. I love new challenges and experiences. I love to grow. And boy, will I be doing a LOT of that in the next year. 


I. Can't. Wait.

xo,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...