Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Standards

Hello, hello.

I think it's time for my blogging to stray away from teen angst and sarcasm (no offense, Tumblr), and become a little more professional, hence, the creation of this blog.


The past few months of my life have been absolutely crazy; the dean of my college's school of education proudly announced the "graduation" of my class in preparation for our professional (a.k.a. senior) year of college, I was elected to be a captain of my college dance team, I'm starting a summer job tutoring and mentoring at-risk middle school students, all while trying to maintain a decent social life (does watching TV and folding laundry with your housemates count?), sleep more than 6 hours a night, eat foods that are healthy for me, and be fashionably dressed on a very tight budget. Sound familiar to anyone?


I've decided to hold myself to new standards. I figure if I'm holding my students to certain standards that I, as their teacher, need to be held to some standards too. I've driven myself crazy in attempts to be perfect at everything I do, and I've come to realize that when you're as busy as I am, as many of us are, you need to hold yourself to standards of grace, not perfection.


So that's me in a nutshell. School, dance, crafts, friends, food, fashion, funds, grace, glitter, and gradebooks. This world is a big place, and I'm hoping to make it a little smaller through this new blog, meeting new people, sharing ideas, and just having fun! Hang in there with me. It's going to be a bumpy and beautiful ride.


Enjoy!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...