Sunday, June 30, 2013

Linky Parties For All!


I love a good link-up, and after stumbling across this one from Mrs. Latoya Reed over at Flying into First, I knew I had to join in on the fun!


So here's how it works: the graphic below is a Tic Tac Toe board with different categories. You can post about any 3 categories, but they have to make Tic Tac Toe. For example, you can write about any 3 topics that go vertical, 3 topics that go horizontal, or 3 topics that go diagonal. Got it? Great! I will be doing the diagonal that includes college, favorite school memory, and hobbies!




I went to _____ college and a favorite memory...
Well I am going into my senior year at the University of Portland, and I cannot believe how fast time has flown by! I could've sworn that only yesterday, I was moving into my teeny tiny freshman dorm room and meeting my soul sister who just happened to be my roommate! This would begin the road to my favorite memory: meeting my best friends. These 4 ladies have seen all sides of me, and we've kept our friendship strong since the beginning of college, through study abroad, living in different states during the summers, and our busy lives during the school year. Thankfully, we had the opportunity to all live together this past year, and our landlord is letting us keep the house for our senior year as well! There are more memories to be made, no doubt about it. 
Courtney, Susie, Michelle, Me, and Lauren, boating on the Willamette last summer.
My favorite school memory as a kid...
Oh man oh man, this HAS to be in eighth grade. I had a really awesome social studies teacher, his name was Mr. Parker, and he had the world map cut up by continent and placed around different parts of his class (think walls, windows, ceilings, corners...). Before school started, he would let us come into his class and play continent racquetball with Nerf balls and our composition books, and different continents would have different point values. We would play boys versus girls, and at the end of the week, the team with the most points got to go first at lunch. It was AWESOME. He made me realize that teachers could make school really fun, and that this relationship with students could encourage them to learn. Although middle school had a lot of awkward moments (looking at my pictures from back then is painful), there were also a lot of fun times.

Hobbies...
Cooking, crafting, organizing (yes, it is a hobby), going swimming and working out, and DANCE! I've been dancing since I was 4 years old, and I now dance on my college dance team. It's such a nice break from doing school work and dealing with other life stresses, but it definitely takes up a lot of time. I can't believe this is going to be my last season on the team, but being one of the 3 team captains is going to be so much fun! 
'12-'13 University of Portland Pilots Dance Team
Besides dance, I am absolutely obsessed with crafts, any type of DIY, repurposing...anything like that. I've only gotten two of my summer crafts done so far (the memo/cork board and my flower letter), but I'm determined to keep going right up until the moment I board the plane to head back to school in August!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!


xo,

post signature

8 comments :

  1. I love that fun idea from you Social Studies teacher! It really is a great reminder that as teachers we can be creative to get kids excited about school.

    Rebecca
    Ladybugs Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have made wonderful memories at school with your friends and the dance team. Enjoy every minute!
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I teach middle school, and there are TONS of akward moments. It is so much fun though! I'm your newest follower :)

    Erin
    brummettmath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your entire blog layout!
    I danced too and loved it so much! I really do miss it.
    Enjoy your last year of college! What grade do you want to teach? I'm your newest follower.

    Stephanie
    Grooving Through Fourth Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still such a newbie to this blogging world, but I learn daily!
      I would LOVE to teach K-3, but I think second grade is my favorite :)
      Returning the follower love!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Pili!
    Oregon shout-out!!! I've lived in Oregon my whole life and I teach in Forest Grove. I danced on my college dance team, too. I also found my Hubby at college (20+ years married and counting!). Enjoy your last year!
    Corinna :o)
    ♥Teaching Fabulous Firsties & Second Grade Smarties!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woop woop Oregonians! I LOVE Oregon and definitely would not mind living/teaching there post-grad. Thanks Corinna!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...