Sunday, June 9, 2013

My e.l.f. Addiction


They're here, they're here, they're finally here!!! Last week, e.l.f. Cosmetics had a 50% off sale on their Best Sellers, so naturally I spent an easy $20. Bad for my wallet, but very good for my face. My package of 7 goodies (plus two extras!) arrived yesterday and I could not WAIT to try them out and review them for you! So here we go!


Please excuse the horrible lighting and the fading flower-print comforter; my camera is going through a midlife crisis and my bed was the only clean surface this morning (oops). So we have, looking at the second picture (top to bottom, left to right), the 32 piece elf studio eyeshadow palette in Natural, 2 zit eraser pens, a jumbo lip gloss stick in Pink Umbrellas and another one in Movie Star, a matte lip color pencil in Tea Rose, a waterproof eyeliner pen in Plum, and then the two goodies that I didn't order but magically appeared in my box (thanks, elf!), a pressed mineral eyeshadow in Beauty Queen and an eyebrow treat & tame duo in Dark. To prevent an overly long and wordy post, I'll do a quick summary of Needs and Nots:

Need
  • Eyeshadow palette and pressed mineral eyeshadow, especially if you like natural eye colors (very smooth application, very little fallout, LOTS of colors to choose from that are pretty accurate Urban Decay Naked palette dupes!)
  • Jumbo lip gloss sticks (color isn't too intense, very smooth application that doesn't have any weird smell or taste, isn't sticky like lip gloss, more like a sheer lip balm-y lip stick. Pink Umbrellas is a perfect natural pink color.)
  • Zit eraser (had a little one forming this morning, swiped the eraser over it twice before I went out tonight at 5, and it was basically gone!)
  • Eyebrow treat and tame (if your eyebrows are a little thin but you don't want to use a pencil to color them in, this is perfect)
Not
  • Matte lip pencil (I was really disappointed because it wasn't what I expected, but this product is true to it's name. The color is flat, matte, lacking in any and all shine. Tea Rose made my lips look a little purple/pink, like if I was an 80's Barbie...not really my look). 
I have yet to try the waterproof eyeliner pencil, but I've only read good reviews about it! I love the affordability and color payoff of elf Cosmetics, and I can't wait to see what other products they create! 

Have a great week!

xo,

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...