Thursday, June 20, 2013

Slacking

I promise, I did NOT forget about my very empty blog (apologies, apologies, apologies). I'll post a Five for Friday tomorrow, but I feel like I have some explaining to do for my undeniable slacking in blogging recently...
  • I am nearing the end of my FIRST WEEK OF TEACHING. Granted, it's only for 4 hours a day, and only 2 groups of 11 students, but STILL! I teach english to 22 at-risk seventh grade students in an afternoon program, and I'm amazed that I'm still standing. More tomorrow.
  • I've literally spent every night of this week planning the following day's lesson, looking over vocab words, and wondering how on earth I'm going to get the attention of my rowdy students for the next month. We're big fans of activities and we hate tests (duh).
  • I am losing my mind. I thought I misplaced my planner and it was right smack dab on my desk. I obviously need more sleep.
  • I'm tired. Is this how I'll always feel, every night, for the rest of my life as a teacher? Maybe I need to use my time more wisely. I'm trying to sleep enough, hang out with my friends after work, and go to dance classes like I did when I was just a TA, but now that I'm actually in charge of teaching lessons, maybe I need to cut back on life a little bit. 
TGIF. Honestly, this has been the longest week of my life, but it's worth it. The students LOVE The Giver, so that's one less thing to worry about. Now to direct all of that energy...

xo (and lots of zzz), 
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...