Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Currently February!



What the heck?! Apparently, I blinked and January was over. Oh well…

{LISTENING}
I love listening to my 2000's Pop Pandora station on the drive to work. That middle school nostalgia really kicks in…

{LOVING}
I also LOVE that the next 3 weeks are only 4 days! Next week friday is our Fun Run (basically nothing gets done), then we have Presidents' Day weekend, then the week after that, we have a professional development day on Monday! Woohoo!

{THINKING}
I think I should've listened to my advisor and only taken ONE graduate school course this semester. Two extremely writing-intensive courses are driving me crazy.

{WANTING}
I really want/need Spring Break to be now. Or next week. I feel like a wimp saying I already need a break, but…

{NEEDING}
I need to go back to the gym! I was so energized in January, and then I got sick from all the vog we had. But it's back to the grind! Have to keep my motivation up with some great inspirational quotes and gym jams!

{MISS RBF!}
If I had a pageant title, it would be to honor my extreme RBF (resting bitch face). I don't even try! It just happens. Oops.

Happy February! Make it a great month!
post signature

10 comments :

  1. Hahah RBF....hilarious!!!! Good luck with your grad school classes! I've been there...glad it's over! :)

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! :) Counting down the terms until I'm done! hehe.

      Delete
  2. Hi Pili,
    Nice to find another island teacher. I'm in the Bahamas. Been there with grad school. It always seems like a good idea until you find out one or both are writing intensive. Hang in there and know that it will be over soon! Gosh I miss Pandora... we can't stream it here. :( Love your pageant name. Hilarious!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I've always been the go-getter type, so when my advisor suggested only taking one class, I had to try not to roll my eyes. If anything, this term is giving me a good course in time management! I can't believe you don't have Pandora! That's my study time saving grace...thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Pili,
    I am just starting to think about a second Master's but can't imagine doing it on top of teaching. Good luck! Any suggestions of must-dos during our last week in Hawaii? We are staying on Oahu.

    Brynn Allison
    The Literary Maven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you haven't checked out the North Shore yet, you should! Watching the sunset/having a picnic at Sunset Beach is magical, and Giovanni's Shrimp Truck by the McDonald's in Haleiwa is so yummy (if you like shrimp, butter, and garlic). If you like hikes, Makapu'u is a pretty easy morning hike, especially if you're an early riser and want to watch the sunrise! The path is paved and wide enough for a few people to walk side by side, so it's not scary or anything. Hope those aren't things you've already done! :)

      Delete
    2. We are getting a late start today, but hoping to get to at least one or two of your suggestions. We haven't done any of those things yet. We were out at Sunset Beach, but to watch surfing, not the sunset. Thanks so much!

      Brynn Allison
      The Literary Maven

      Delete
  4. ha. RBF. I can totally relate. ...and, don't feel back about being ready for Spring Break. I am right there with you and I'm not juggling two graduate classes.

    Smack Dab in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! That makes me feel better. I was starting to feel like a first year wimp…haha!

      Delete
  5. I think I had a RBF the year I was pregnant at my first teaching job. There was one teacher who I thought just hated me, and then we would up teaching together and she told me that I always looked mad! Then we became teaching besties...funny how that worked. I've since tried to always have a smile on my face.

    Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog…
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...