Monday, February 2, 2015

The 5 Product Face


More than anything, I love to sleep in. Always. Even if it means eating breakfast while I'm driving to work. Or skipping my morning coffee because I'm literally sprinting to my classroom. It's terrible, I'm working on it, and I have a solution: The 5 Product Face (excluding makeup brushes because that would be torture). So for all of you who are looking to save a little more time in the morning with your getting ready rituals, look no further! Here are my 5 go-to products that have consistently helped me to sleep in and still look pulled together at school.


The cool roller ball helps to wake up my tired eyes in the morning, and the sheer tint is perfect for covering those designer bags under my eyes and doesn't cake or smear off (and that's saying a lot - I run around after Kindergarteners all day). Although on the pricier side ($13) for drug store make-up, this is something I will continue to buy time and time again.

Although I swapped using the brush on top for my Real Techniques Powder Brush, I love this foundation to pieces. I have oily skin, but the Hawaii sun and heat makes my natural "blush" on the redder side. I wanted a foundation that would keep me matte all day while lightly covering up my redness and ALSO not being too thick/creamy/fussy. Winner winner, chicken dinner. 

With my oily eyelids, pencil eyeliners always smudged. In walked this beauty - a natural brown color that isn't too in your face with the faintest flecks of golden-brown shimmer that's basically undetectable except for when it's on the eyeliner brush. The tip of this eyeliner is rather stiff, but flexible enough so it doesn't poke your eyes, which if you're like me (read: extremely uncoordinated in the morning) is very important.

I've tried all of the "must-have" mascaras, and have never fallen in love quite like I have with this baby. The wand is thin and has fine bristles which is perfect for giving my lashes some volume without being clumpy and leaving tons of black marks on my eyes from the morning mascara struggle. I especially love this mascara for my lower lashes, which are pretty thin and tiny. This mascara does a great job of separating my lashes but making sure they stand out and are actually visible.

Ideally, when I'm not rushed for time, I use the Anastasia Brow Wiz to outline my eyebrows and this puppy to fill 'em in. BUT if I had to choose just one, I'd go with the Perfect Brown Pencil. The spoolie brush is so fluffy and perfect for blending out any harsh lines, while the pencil can be drawn on with a light hand, or built up for more intense shading. Eyebrows are probably the step I never EVER skip when doing my makeup, no matter what's happening. You know the hypothetical question, "if your house was on fire, what's the one thing you would grab?" My answer is this brow pencil. So when I'm on the news, I'll have immaculate eyebrows. #OnFleek

That's all for now! Leave me a comment if there are any products you absolutely can't live without!


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...