Monday, November 23, 2015

Top 10 Things I'm Thankful For

It really is no surprise to me that I have so much to be thankful for - it was truly difficult trying to come up with my "top 10" because this year has made me realize that I should really be more appreciative of everything in my life, good and bad. Thanks to Stephanie at Tales of Teaching in Heels for this great opportunity to reflect on the top 10 things I'm thankful for this year!
  1. MY FAMILY is number one. This year, when my life started to go sideways, I relied so much on them to help me get a solid foundation back and I couldn't be more thankful for the love they give me every day. #familyfirstforever
  2. CRAZY COWORKERS get me through each day! My co-teacher in Kindergarten is basically my twin and it is never a dull moment when we're teaching a lesson. No matter what kind of day we're having, as soon as I pop in to teach, the day improves significantly.
  3. MUSIC has helped me through the worst days of the year, and I'm so thankful that I have fully functioning ears.
  4. NEW BEGINNINGS has basically been the theme of the year. I thought in January that 2015 would begin and end with relatively the same people in my life, and I couldn't have been more incorrect. However, I'm thankful for the people that left my life because they made room for even more extraordinary people and beginnings.
  5. LONG DISTANCE BEST FRIENDS are the best and worst things - this summer, I took a much needed soulcation to see my LDBFFs in LA for a week, and it just reminded us how much we love each other. Note to self: make another trip to see them soon!
  6. SCB has been my rock throughout the rough patches this year. Although we had a rocky start way back when, I'm so glad that God and the Universe brought us back together. I'm so excited to see her tonight!!!
  7. GOD and I have had a strained relationship for years, but this year, in light of all that happened, I made an effort to get back in touch with Him. I'm working on it, but I know that I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't turned to Him.
  8. ADVENTURES were so abundant this year! I tallied it up and I essentially took a trip every other month in 2015. I'll write a post about that later, but I have been bitten HARDCORE by the wanderlust bug.
  9. MY D7 DINOSAURS make my life so much crazier than I ever expected, but I love them to pieces. I'm thankful for them, but I'm also thankful for this much-needed break that we'll have from each other. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, kiddos.
  10. Last but not least, QUALITY TIME WITH LOVED ONES made me realize how amazing my family and best friends really are. I spent a lot of time hanging out with my grandma this year and I can't imagine a world without her. I'm so beyond thankful for the many people I have in my life that I love and who love me just as much in return.
Hope this week is full of thanksgiving for everyone!

post signature

1 comment :

  1. Totally agree on the long distance best friends!!! We just moved to Texas, so I feel ya! Thanks for linking up and have a great Thanksgiving!!!
    Stephanie
    Tales of Teaching in Heels

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...