Thursday, January 1, 2015

Oh Hey, 2015!

I cannot believe that 2015 is already here! This past year was filled with many challenges, but also many blessings and adventures. I'm so thankful for everything that 2014 brought me, and I can't wait to see what is in store for 2015!


Although I didn't go to UO, I went to college in Portland (and we didn't have a football team at all), so UO football was the closest that I got! GO DUCKS!

I'm so happy that we have a nice 3 week vacation for Christmas. I go back to school on the 9th, so I'm definitely going to enjoy this last week of relaxation!

I've been doing a lot of thinking about my 5 year plan lately, what's going to happen with me and Kdog, which ties in with my maybe at the end of the post...

Over everything else in my life, I'm desperately wanting to see my best friends from college. We haven't been together since we graduated in May, and probably won't be for a while. I'm hoping this summer will bring a change to that!

After setting goals for my life in 2015, I've come to the conclusion that I need to write them all down and get organized in regards to how I'm going to track those goals. I've already found some great printables on Pinterest, so stay tuned!

YES to getting in shape, losing weight, and being a healthier version of my 2014 self. This past year saw a lot of stress eating (thank you ridiculous senior year frenemies, graduation, and TFA...), so Kdog and I have been hitting the gym pretty routinely since Christmas Eve (go us!). 2015 will definitely be the year of health, wellness, and happiness.
Maybe to looking into moving back to Portland or Seattle to search for a teaching job. It'll have to wait until my commitment with Teach for America is over, but who knows! Hawaii's cost of living is so unbelievably high, and although it would break my heart to move away from my home, my family, and my culture, I wouldn't be able to afford living in Hawaii on my own. We'll see what happens...
I wish I could go up to my college in Portland for Spring Break! I miss my dance team sisters so much, and I miss the place I called home for the past 4 years! I'll have to be reunited with Portland soon, but probably not as soon as I would like.

Upcoming posts: My Teacher Makeup Routine (for those of us who like to look nice alive, but not spend more than 10 minutes getting ready in the morning), and Tracking Those 2015 Goals! Oh yeah, another goal is to blog more, can you tell?


Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to page 1 out of 365!
post signature

5 comments :

  1. Found you on Oh Boy 4th Grade's website! You are SO lucky to get 3 WEEKS off for the holidays! I'm already dreading that alarm clock going off on Monday morning. Eek!

    Best wishes for a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Excited to have found your blog through the linky! I'm so jealous that you have three weeks off for your Christmas vacation! The beach sounds awesome right about now... I will have to wait until March for some beach time. Enjoy your time off and trip! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on under the 10 minute makeup routine! I need something so that people don't accuse me of being tired or sick! Enjoy your last week of break! The beach sounds amazing right now.

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I had the same "listening" for our currently this month! I'm a Notre Dame fan, but both my husband and I have a soft spot for the Ducks! Quack! Quack! Quack!

    I'm super excited for your post about Teacher Make-up tips! :) My grade partner always teases me for not waking up even earlier than I already do to get myself all the way together... maybe I'll just have to take some of your advice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have big job/life decisions ahead this year! Lots of luck, well wishes, & a pray for the possibly new adventures to come in 2015!

    I REALLY need your teacher make-up tips. I woke up super late the other morning (had to just roll out of bed & straight out the door late) & no one at work even noticed!!! Clearly, I need to do something just a little more in the mornings! Lol!

    Happy 2015!
    Mallory
    Sprinkles for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...