Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What I'm Reading Wednesday



When I was asked if I wanted to participate in a bookclub to read this book, I thought to myself, "sure, why not...because I'm not busy enough already!" HOWEVER, after reading a few pages tonight (approximately 32 pages), I'm actually really glad I decided to join in on the reading. From the back cover of the book...
Teaching is one of the most important jobs in the world and often one of the hardest. Excellent teachers continually strive to learn and improve their craft, and no matter how good a teacher is, there's always room for improvement. Teach Like a Champion became a global bestseller because it offered concrete, engaging, easy-to-implement techniques teachers could use to keep their students engaged, focused, and learning. Teach Like a Champion 2.0 compiles the feedback gathered from real teachers in real classrooms around the world to deliver an updated set of techniques, made even more effective by the continual fine-tuning of daily classroom use. Effective and informative for both new teachers and classroom veterans, Teach Like a Champion 2.0 describes how to adjust classic teaching techniques to be even more effective, implement entirely new techniques that keep students on track, and translate theory into action with video demonstrations.

If you're looking for some professional development reading that really is meaningful and has some great techniques (as well as a CD with, or internet code to access, short video clips demonstrating these techniques in action), I highly recommend reading Teach Like A Champion 2.0! 

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...